November 17, 2011

A Bit of Cheer on a Rainy Day

Living in London one has to get used to the rain. However, I still have trouble keeping upbeat on cold rainy days and the one thing that cheers me up is knowing that I get to put on a fun pair of Wellies!
Do you know where the term Wellington comes from? well, I didn't and in thinking about this post I decided to do a bit of research. The short of it is that these boots were worn and popularised by Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington. This novel "Wellington" boot then became a fashionable style emulated by the British aristocracy in the early 19th century.  If you would like to know more of the history of the boot visit the Wikipedia link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wellington_boot


I put together a small list of fun, different, stylish Wellies that will have you wishing for a rainy day!


For the biker chic in all of us:
Jimmy Choo continues their partnership with Hunter and has created this ever so fun biker wellie. I think this boot is great over a great pair of skinny jeans or with a fun flirty dress either long or short. This boot also comes in a to-the-knee version.







The Covert Wellie:
For a wellie that doesn't really look like a wellie but serves the same purpose, check out Vivienne Westwood's Anglomania Ankle boots. I especially love them in this sky blue colour and the gold signature  hardware is AMAZING!








The Classic:
If you are just looking for a classic-looking wellie that you can wear with just about anything and can help you mitigate those puddles while you are out, look no further than Hunter.  I personally like classic with a bit of a twist and these oh-so-chic grey high-gloss boots are absolutely stunning!  These are also on special now at ASOS for £63.00 so I would hurry.





The Label Lover:
For the fashionista who likes to be noticed, Gucci makes a beautiful pair of wellies with their famous "GG" pattern.  This boot comes in several colours but I personally like the classic brown that you can pair with just about any work outfit.






Passion for Colour:
Gucci also makes these fabulous cherry red flat boots with Web detailing in their signature green and red stripe. Colour always makes me feel more empowered and cheerful so what better than a pair of bright red boots to make you feel like you can rule the world!, well maybe not rule the world but at least make it through the day with a spring in your step.



Heel Junkie:
If you are a bit like me and have a hard time parting with wearing heels than this is the wellie for you. I am not very tall so anything that elevates me and gets me off the ground makes me very happy. Hunter makes a beautiful wedge boot which allows you to look great and not sacrifice your heels or your style.

No comments:

Post a Comment